Tuesday, September 29, 2009

OB Visit

Yesterday's doctor's appointment went well. One thing about my doctor's office is that you just never know how long you're going to have to wait. So far this pregnancy I have had pretty good luck with getting called right back. However, this time that was NOT the case. I figured since I had scheduled my appointment for noon (over my lunch hour) that it would be quick since they close for lunch. While I hung out in the waiting room, skimmed through about three magazines and even copied a couple of recipes down in my little notebook in my purse, I overheard a couple other women complain about the "ridiculous" wait. Keep in mind that I am in a room full of pregnant/postpartum/hormonal women. I knew I'd be there awhile being that there were four other women who had been waiting longer than me in this single practitioner office.

Now I can be impatient at times; however, sitting at the doctor's office sure beat working! After almost 1.5 hours, I finally heard my name and was finished with the nurse/doctor in about 9 minutes. While this may seem absurd in most instances, I have a respect for my doctor. He is very passionate about his role as a care provider. He takes time with his patients, listens to concerns, tells stories, tries to be funny and lighthearted and gives advice. And not only from a doctor's perspective, but from a friend's perspective which really proves his compassion to me, the female patient.

Anyway, I grabbed lunch and sped back to work in time to make lunch just under two hours long. Good thing I have a good excuse. Believe me, pregnancy is a pretty good excuse for LOTS of things at work! Ha!

Here are some stats from the visit:

  • Blood pressure 118/86
  • Weight gain of...eeek...6 pounds
  • Routine tests normal
  • Heartbeat sounded good
  • Ultrasound from 9/16 was reviewed and relayed to be normal...due date would be January 23 by ultrasound, but he is keeping the original date of January 28.
  • Given instructions for diabetes test next month
  • Next appointment: October 30

No comments:

Post a Comment