Unfortunately, I don't have picture proof for this post... =)
This past weekend we made our first trip as a family of FIVE back to our hometowns of rural Hooper and Fremont! Besides the emergency trip to Children's Hospital in Omaha, this was Elsie's first trip out of town. She was able to be at her Nana & Papa's and Grammy & Grandpa's houses for the first time! Despite failed attempts to travel due to inclement weather and health issues (got to love the winter season), we were glad to be home and bring our precious baby with us! The trip was nothing short of wonderful as we were able to spend time with some extended family on the Gates/Reeg (Jess's) side of the family. My aunt and uncle from Iowa and Mom's cousin from St. Louis were visiting. It was very nice to visit with some dear family we don't get to see as often as we'd like to see. We loved the relaxation of Mom and Dad's magnificent new sunroom and the enjoyment of indulging in way too much food! It was great. On the way back home on Sunday we stopped at the in-laws house for a delicious lunch and a chance to introduce Elsie to her great grandparents finally! I'm sure she was wondering if she even had great grandparents! Thank you to our parents for such a spectacular weekend home!
Hi there -- stopping by on a tip from Jodee as I work with her. What a cute family you have! Hope you are enjoying the nicer weather -- finally spring! I worked at Neat Rep. last week. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteJanet
What a small world! I grew up in Blair and my mom now lives in Fremont.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the trip to the ER!
Janet - thanks for visiting! I will have to check out your blog too!! =)
ReplyDeleteHa - maiden name, Jodee?? Seems like our parents know a lot of names in Fremont!!